View Profile michaelkeene

All 15 Art Reviews

6 w/ Responses

Brilliant stuff, and great use of the "booby" tag. If you're not already getting a lot of work, you should be.

All of these show great attention to detail, and I could definitely see this as an actual cartoon or comic, which is exactly what I want out of good concept art.

Just great work. This is the kind of stuff you see behind the scenes on a cartoon DVD. Love, love, LOVE the conceptual badge, as well as the wrists on the police dogs.

I... I want this in my life. They're so stupidly badass. Near perfect character design, with great use of anatomy and original ideas.

Flowers10 responds:

Hahaha, thanks for all the comments man. glad u like it;)

Background's a bit sloppy, as is the water, but the main attraction is totally metal. Very good job.

Even the softer paint look that I usually don't like works really well here. I'm part of a pop art gallery in Asheville, and this looks like the kind of thing that sells like hotcakes over there. Beautiful.

I also 100% agree about the saturation, and your author's comment is the best I've seen on this site.

BugsAndBooks responds:

Hello Mr. Flash
and thank you very much for your review and the starry things.

Oh my, I have to consider moving to Asheville then ^^
Although I guess the gallery-folks wouldn't appreciate my weird social behavior as soon as there was a vernissage ;)

I'm very happy you like the painting even with the softer paint. Just you wait, I might make it one of my life goals to drag you to the soft side, muwahaha!
Also thanks a bunch for your kind words on my description. To be honest, I never planned on going on for so long but as it is with things you truly love, you tend to get carried away. But well, I don't mind getting swept along by great teachers and the marvelous things they help me understand.

Best wishes and may you have a glimpse at the milky way tonight
Rahel

The rough line style isn't bad, but doesn't work here and there, specifically on the legs. Part of that problem is that the legs appear a big squished, as if you were fighting for room on a page. The right eye seems to be a hair too far from her nose. Background feels a bit lazy, and (for me) the glowing is off-putting.

That said, this is also not to my taste, so this is all super objective. Good character design, but it feels like a rough sketch that could be a lot more with some polish.

Wabaki88 responds:

Looks fine to me.

I am not well versed in jewelry or 3D renders, but this looks like a piece that might be announced by a major company. Love it. If I could find a criticism, it might be that the aqua piece on the side might look better closer to the middle of the ring. That's... all I got. Great job.

pit80 responds:

Thanks!

As a huge Jurassic Park fan, I approve of the idea. The line work, coloring, and structure are not good at all, however. Nose, eyes, and highlights are especially egregious.

That said, I can't say enough how great the idea is. I haven't looked at your other stuff, but assuming this is representative, I think if you honed your skill to a finer point and tried again this could be wall-hanging material.

I'm not entirely sure you're looking for criticism based on the plug, but here goes.

This is, overall, not a bad piece of digital art. The character design is cute (love the "lick here" tattoo) and it seems just right for the intended audience. The shoulders ruin it for me, though. Actually, the whole chest area is pretty awful. It just doesn't make any sense. I'm also not a huge fan of the burn shading for the skin, but the rest of the coloring (especially the hair, facial features, and accessories) is top notch.

n/a